Join Mark Wallace & his team for a distinctively different trout fishing adventure. It’s been called the best fishing trip in New Zealand – this is bucket list stuff for any serious angler!
Soak up the elements for an unforgettable day’s trout fishing: Good company, Stunning wilderness. Gin clear water. Abundant fighting trout. Tasty local food. You won’t forget this fishing adventure in a hurry.
Why fish Fiordland’s mighty Waiau River with us?
- Large numbers of aggressive trout. Seize the opportunity to battle bountiful, feisty Rainbow & Brown trout in areas only accessible by jet boat. The fish in the Waiau River are forgiving and settle fast once the boat has moved through an area with trout in it, allowing anglers to fish undisturbed trout quickly.
- The diversity of fishing. Dry fly or spin fishing. Nymph fishing. Sight fishing. Boat fishing or wading. We offer a large range of fishing experiences in a single morning or afternoon, and can cater for groups of up to 8.
- The surroundings. Flowing through Fiordland National Park, the Waiau River offers world-heritage recognized surroundings and scenery.
- The jet boat. Our purpose-built jet boat is a stable fishing platform and a means to move quickly around the river’s beaches and islands during your trip.
- The company. Mark and his team are passionate local experts – their intimate knowledge of Fiordland’s fishing spots makes for an incredible day on the water. This is kiwi hospitality at it’s best.